When to Start Fraxel Restore for Surgical Scar Reduction?

How soon after surgery should I start getting Fraxel restore to reduce the scars? Is there an optimal time that will give me the best results?

Fraxel restore for Surgical Scar Reduction

+2

Hi Nordictruck,

Like the popular Black Eyed Peas tune, "Let's Get It Started in Here", you can start fractional CO2 laser (Fraxel repair) as early as 7 to 10 days after the wound to minimize scarring. Sessions should be every 2 to 3 weeks depending on your skin type and how your skin responds. The treatments continue until it becomes difficult to find the scar, or there is no further improvement.

Fraxel restore is effective for both new as well as old surgical scars, acne scars, and even stretch marks.

Good luck, drve carefully, and be well.

Dr. P