Skin Texture After Fraxel?

What is the skin texture like after having Fraxel restore done? I have heard that the skin looks like it has tiny needle puncture scars? Is this correct? I have tiny acne scars and am currently borderlining on having the procedure done. I just don't want worse skin than I do currently, as my skin problems are relatively minor. Thanks.

Skin texture with Fraxel re:store

+1

Fraxel Re:store shows these pinpoints only with magnification in the first day normally. They are not obvious to others and to most patients. This laser works very well for minor acne scars, but there can never be a guarantee and there are risks no matter what procedure you undergo. Be sure to ask your physician more questions so you can be more comfortable with making your decision. We have an extremely high satisfaction rate in our practice with the results of Fraxel Re:store for acne scars, but remember that the scars don’t go away completely, some component remains usually.

Fraxel re:store and Skin Texture

+1

Hi Anoni,

Fraxel re:store does not leave any holes in the skin. When performed properly, a series of 4 to 6 treatments is a great treatment for mild acne scarring.

Spend some time and effort to choose your treating physician carefully and you should be very happy with the results.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD