Is Fraxel RestoreSafe for Acne Scars on Asian Skin?

Hello, I have numerous ice pick scars and was told that the Fraxel REPAIR my not be a good option for me due to my asian skin tone. Is the RESTORE safe and effective for my skin type? Thanks!

Fraxel Restore and Fraxel Re:Pair Safe for Asian Skin

+1

Fraxel Re:pair is more effective than the Restore technology. It is safe for most Asian skin types, but pretreatment and post treatment is needed to avoid potential problems. See a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist

Fraxel restore is highly safe and effective for treatment of acne scars in asian patients

+1

The fraxel restore is the gold standard in the treatment of scars and is safe in asian patients of all skin colors.  If have darker asian skin, there is a chance that you may look slightly darker but this is only temporary and fades within a few months.  I was involved in the development of the fraxel laser and iintroduced this laser resurfacing procedure to all of asia and trained many asian doctors in Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, The philipines, Koorea, Taiwan and Singapore in 2005.

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

We have found that eMatrix treatment may be safer when treating acne in darker skin.

+1

You may wish to consider Fraxel Restore. But we have found that eMatrix treatment may be even safer when treating acne scars in darker skin.

David Goldberg, MD

The Fraxel re:store is safe, but not as effective as the Fraxel re:pair Laser for acne scars.

+1

The Fraxel re:store is safer, but not as effective as the Fraxel re:pair Laser for acne scars.  The wound care and sun avoidance while healing are very important with Fraxel re:pair laser treatments, however the results are much superior in my hands especially when combined with subcision.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon