Fraxel Restore Results of Acne Scarring?

I had my first fraxel restore treatment done in the middle of june. one month later i got my second treatment and then followed three more every two weeks. I haven't seen much results but is it because its only been one month since my last treatment? should i wait further months to see more results with the acne scarring? The settings were on close to or if not the highest because i asked them to.

Fraxel results timeline for acne scars

+1

What happens inside the skin when you receive a fraxel reStore treatment is something like tiny controlled wounds at a very specific depth, 'dialed in" by your medical esthetician or nurse. During the first week, exfoliation occurs which helps improve skin texture. At the same time, a wound healing response takes place which stimulates the production of skin proteins like collagen, which helps to smooth skin texture and minimize scars. This process can vary from one patient to another, but typically the end results are seen after 3 - 6 months after the last treatment. Hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome. Good luck!

Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel restore and Fraxel repair for Acne Scars

+1

Hi CapeCod,

Prior to fractionated CO2 lasers, Fraxel restore was the best fractioned laser to treat acne scars.  It does take a series of many treatments to see moderate improvement, and it does take some time (months) for collagen to form improving the acne scars. More than the improvement in scarring, we have seen that a series of Fraxel restore treatments greatly diminishes active acne outbreaks.  Unfortunately, you cannot have enough Fraxel restore treatments to equal the improvement that a single Fraxel repair (fractionated CO2 laser) can give with acne scars.  Even with Fraxel repair, patients are advised that they may need multiple treatments (1-4).  Good luck and be well

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD