Fraxel Restore or Repair for General Improvement of my Skin?

What do you feel would be most helpful for making my skin look better? Should I consider the Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore?

Restore would be my choice

+2

You are olive skin toned and have ice pick scars, so I'd recommend Restore, but you will get improvement, not total resolution, of these severe old scars. I'd suggest you plan on 5-6 sessions and start at 40mj and work up to 70mj. Densities should be increased as tolerated as well. You will need pre-treatment before you start with retinoids, sunscreen and hydroquinone to prevent hyperpigmentation.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Both Fraxel Restore and Repair will work for you

+1

For the scarring that I see on your picture, both fraxel Restore and repair will help you however I favor the Restore in combination with the new Fraxel Thulium to improve both the scarring as well as the pigmentation

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Restore or Repair for general improvement of my skin?

+1

Hi Starrynight23,

I would recommend Fraxel repair, you will likely need 2 to 3 treatments. You should be treated with skin care products both before as well as after your treatments to minimize the chances of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH).

A series of 5 to 6 Fraxel restore treaments would help, would have lower chances of PIH, but would not give as dramatic results.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel Restore or Repair for acne scars

+1

A better evaluation will occur when you see a physician in consultation. Looking at your photograph provides minimal data to make the best selection, however my tendency would be to perform a large number of Fraxel RE:store laser treatments than one Repair treatment. The repair laser treatment will take about 12 days to heal and you're limited in how many of these you can have over the years. Fraxel Re:store treatment is quite successful with many treatments and although there is some mild swelling and redness and flaking, you are not staying at home for a week taking care of a wounded face as you would be with the Repair laser or the older fashioned non-fractional carbon dioxide laser.

There is a risk of darkening of your comlexion with either laser. There is also a risk of scarring from any resurfacing treatment but it is very very rare with the Fraxel Restore. No resurfacing treament eliminates the scars. The goal is to make them appear less obvious.

Ronald Shelton, MD

For general skin resurfacing, both the Fraxel re:pair and Fraxel re:store Dual work well

+1

I think that you have some scarring/textural irregularities on your face. I think the better result will probably be from the re:pair, perhaps even more than one. However, you have to be able to have downtime, do dressing changes, and have general redness for up to 8 weeks. If your lifestyle does not allow you to do this, the new Fraxel Dual is having great results for this problem with less downtime, but more treatments.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fraxel restore has worked well for acne scars most of the time

+1

The fraxel restore has been the best tool in improving acne scarring that i have found in the 21 years i have been in practice. four to six treatments are needed, but the downtime is minimal each time , in contrast to the repair fraxel. there is always some uncertainty with results of laser therapy on such skin problems, but in general there has always been at least modest improvement and sometimes there is improvement that is very dramatic.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Both Fraxel Restore and Repair improve skin quality

+1

Both Fraxel devices are excellent at improving skin quality: wrinkles, texture, pores and even scarring. The Repair light brown spots better and tighten skin more than the Restore, it will improve wrinkles and scars to a great extent, but there is more down time involved with the Repair.

I advice my younger patients (20's - 40's) to consider the Restore and my older (40's - 60's) or more sun-damaged or more scarred patients to consider the Repair.

Either laser would be an excellent choice for most patients.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon