Fraxel Restore for Orange Peel and Smoker's Lines?

Does it work on upper lip 'smokers lines' and 'orange peel' skin texture on chin. My skin is fairly firm, except there is a slight drooping around my mouth at the corners. What can I expect from a series of Fraxel restore treatments?

Challenging Smokers Lines

+1

Smokers Lines can be a challenge to treat. We will often combine treatments such as Botox to relax the muscles around the mouth, injectable fillers, as well as a resurfacing procedure such as the Fraxel Restore of the Fraxel Repair. I would not expect the Fraxel Restore to eliminate smokers lines. Many people will see subtle improvement with the Restore. If you are seeking better results I would choose the Fraxel Repair.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Re:store won't help smoker's lines much

+1

Deeper lines, especially related to muscle movement, such as smoker's vertical lines of the upper lip, are not typically improved by Fraxel Re:store. You might get some improvement with the more invasive and longer to recover Fraxel RE:pair. I don't think you will get an uplifting of the downturned corners of the lips. This can be helped with the use of Botox in the depressor anguli oris muscle (an off-label use of Botox) and injectable fillers.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fraxel restore for Orangel Peel Chin and Smoker's Lines

+1

HI Brun,

Fraxel restore will help with fine to moderate wrinkles. Restore is not very effective for smoker's lines. The effect of a series of restore treatments will not be anywhere near the result obtained with a single Fraxel repair treatment. For smoker's lines even with repair patients usually require two treatments for best results.

In both cases it will be helpful for you to have properly dosed and placed Botox before your laser treatment to aid in your healing.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD