Fraxel Restore/Lux 1540 - Is my treatment too aggressive or not aggressive enough for Asian skin (energy and number of passes)?

Hi, I've gotten 4-5 treatments of Fraxel:Restore/Lux 1540 at 65 mj at 3 passes. I am Asian (Chinese) and I just wanted some more opinions besides my doctor to see if 3 passes was an appropriate number of passes for my ethnicity? What is the usual number of passes that you give patients at that energy level? Thanks

Asian skin and Fraxel Treatment

+1
Fraxel is a fabulous laser but depending on your skin color runs the risk of hyperpigmentation.  I am not certain what specific indication you were being treated for? Were you being treated for sun spots or for acne scars? Most patients receive 8 passes in a given area of the laser but it all depends on why you were being treated and your skin type.  More information is needed and a photo to help you.  I often use eMatrix on Asian skin to help as well since Asian skin is so delicate and you can safely deliver the heat to the area.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel and Asian skin.