Long, Raised Scar Caused By Fraxel

Hello I just had my 6th fraxel restore. The first 5 were for moderate-severe acne scarring and it didn't provide much improvement. The 6th restore was for hyperpigmentation which the FRAXEL caused. I just got home from the clinic and there is a LONG, thin, slightly raised scar under my lip towards my chin. THIS WAS CAUSED BY FRAXEL JUST THEN. Is there anything I can do??? Please help doctors. I came in to help acne scarring and now have more scars and moderate brown hyperpigmentation please help

Scarring From Fraxel

+1

I would agree with Dr. Shelton that scarring will not occur immediately after any laser treatment. I would certainly bring this to the attention of your physician. If you are developing postinflammatory hyperpigmentation, I woudl also suggest discussing other options for treatment than continued Fraxel treatments.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel

+1

you refer to a scar you see from a treatment today from Fraxel. Please don't panic. Scars don't occur that quickly. You may be referring to a discoloration from today's treatment that is temporary. See your physician for reassurance. Swelling or coloration may be treated by topical therapy. 

Ronald Shelton, MD