Fraxel Restore - is It Safe After CO2 Laser Treatment?

I had the CO2 ultrapulse laser over a year ago and it caused my texture to be rough with large pores. My docotr said that I did not heal well coupled with an infection that was difficult to detect (Staph coagulese negative).

She recommends doing a test spot of the Fraxel Restore to help with the grainy texture. What are your thoughts?

I agree with your physician. A series of Fraxel...

+3

Hi Grace Emma,

I agree with your physician. A series of Fraxel re:store laser treatments should help the tone and texture of your pores. A test spot is prudent. If after the series you are still dissatisfied with the results, I would recommend a single Fraxel re:pair treatment. Of course all of this should first be discussed with your treating physician. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel is safe 2 years after CO2

+1

I agree that fraxel restore would be a safe treatment for you. However, if you developed a rough texture with larger pores with your previous CO2 ultrapulse procedure, I am not certain that you will get a benefit from now undergoing fraxel. Most patients who have treatments with CO2 resurfacing obtain SMALLER pores size and SMOOTHER skin. I do not think that this procedure will make your skin worse. I just question if you will get a benefit from it. Also, it may take multiple sessions which can be painful.

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon