Does Fraxel Restore Impact a Man's Facial Hair?

I read here that Fraxel Restore will not damage the hair follicle. I just want some clarification. I would think Fraxel Restore would remove or cut the surface hair. Isn't there any impact to the facial hair? If yes, how long does it take for the hair to grow back and look normal again? What's the risk hair (follicle) would have permanent damage in certain spots (giving you a blotchy look)? Thank you.

Fraxel Restore safe for men's facial hair

+1

Treating men's face or neck with the Fraxel Resore is very safe

We have also performed this procedure on mens face and have not seen any damage to the hair.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel restore is safe on the bearded area

+1

Fraxel Restore is safe to use on skin that grows hair. the 1550nm laser is absorbed by water, not dermis or pigment as its target, so the hair follicle is not going to be destroyed. We treat the facial area of men without problems. The hair should be shaved, so that the laser can glide across the skin well.

Ronald Shelton, MD