Can Fraxel Restore Encourage the Skin to Produce Moisture?

I have dry skin in areas that I want to treat with Fraxel Restore. Can Fraxel Restore encourage the new skin to produce more moisture? Are people with dry skin bad candidates for Fraxel? Thanks.

Fraxel Restore cannot cause skin to produce more moisture

+1

Fraxel Restore cannot cause skin to produce more moisture. In fact, the laser will dry out the skin causing it to not heal as well for people who have severe dry skin.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dry skin and Fraxel Restore

+1
You mau find it difficult to find the right moisturizer to use for the first week or two after Fraxel Restore while the skin's surface is initially slightly rough. You might ask for a test spot to be done prior to treating the whole face and seeing how the moisture is in the first month after the test and it allows you to test the moisturizers too.

Ronald Shelton, MD