Fraxel Re:store On Acne Scars? How Much Improvement Will You See?

What can I expect from Fraxel restore on Acne Scars? How many percentage improvement can I see after a series of treatment? Is it true that after every treatment about 10 to 20 or if not 25% improvement will be seen?? Pleace help. I need ur answer. thx

Acne scars respond well to Fraxel Re:Store

+2

It is not possible to predict how much response there will be in a specific case nor how many treatment sessions are needed in treating acne scars.Our goal is generally 50% improvement. This isn't always achieved,and is sometimes exceeded, but some degree of improvement is virtually always achieved. Since the goal of Fraxel Re:Store treatments is to stimulate new collagen fibers, the use of topical agents to boost that response is an important part of the treatment process.This collagen stimulation continues for 6-12 months after the last treatment session.In my opinion Fraxel Re:Store is an excellent choice for treatment of acne scars.Usually 2 - 4 treatment sessions are needed.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Not much, in my opinion.

+2

Generally, acne scarring is not significantly improved by the Fraxel re:store.  While it has a modest effect, it isn't as good as you would think and AT MOST it will have about  20 to 25% improvement, even after 3 or 4 treatments.  

Scarring is an exceedingly difficult problem to solve and if it is the 'icepick' form it can be nearly impossible to improve.  On the other hand deeper, shallow scars can easily be treated with fillers such as Belotero or Restylane and resolve nicely.  The drawback with this is that this is a temporary treatment and requires retreatment very 6 to 12 months.  The good news is that collagen is regrown with each filler treatment and this results in overall improvements of the skin.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist