Does Fraxel Restore 1550/1927 Work for Acne Scars?

My skin type is 3/4. As a result of wrong IPL treatment(2mths ago) for my mild acne and scars, I ended up with worst scars and more break outs!(pls refer to my profile under IPL treatment in this website for more info).Currently I am on antibiotics(Keflex, previously tried minomycine), pills and Duac gel.Can I able to do Fraxel Restore(1550/1927) to rid of the new scars on my face? or is there any other options for me. I really appreciate your valuable advice. Thanks. Regards, Sydney3245

Fraxel Treatments For Acne Scars

+3

The Fraxel 1550 laser works very well for acne scars. The settings can be modulated for your degree of scarring. Other options are TCA peels, Jessner peels, Beta-Lift peels, regular Microdermabrasion and the use of retinoids. This should all be done with an experienced board certified dermatologist. The skin type and degree of scarring will dictate the type of treatment.

Fraxel restore helps acne scars

+2

As long as your acne becomes stable with treatment, then Fraxel Restore can begin. The Fraxel Dual 1927nm wavelength is more helpful for pigment irregularities not scars.  Multiple sessions with the 1550nm. Restore wavelength will help acne scars considerably for most patients with craterform scars.

Ronald Shelton, MD