Can Fraxel Repair Be Done on Someone Prone to Hypertrophic Scarring?

I am prone to hypertrophic scarring on my torso, as a result of several accidents. Would it be safe for me to have Fraxel Repair for facial wrinkles and sagging? Thank you.

Fraxel re:pair can be used on patients prone to off-face hypertrophic scarring

+2

Hi 2BGorgeous,

The short answer is yes, but your treating physician needs to make that decision. Patients who have keloids or hypertrophic scars on areas other than the face for the most part do not have keloid or hypertrophic scarring when incisions are made on the face (except for the ears).

Fraxel is fractionated so that normal skin is involved in the healing process. The technology is used to treat scars. To be on the safe side, you may have a patch of skin test treated some where on your face (temple or sideburn), your neck, or behind your ear lobe to see how you react.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P