Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore for Loose Skin?

After reading many posts about Fraxel repair and Fraxel restore, I've grown more confused. The plastic surgeons who Fraxel restore don't do repair. Which works faster? I don't have time for more than a weekend for recovery. I have minimal loose skin on my neck, although I'm also beginning to see some along the jawline. My greatest concern are the lines and looseness of the skin on my cheeks and mouth area. Will 4-5 treatments of Fraxel restore and 1 treatment of Fraxel repair tighten these areas?

Fraxel re:pair more aggressive and more results than the Re:store

+1

The Fraxel re:pair is a fractional CO2 laser. CO2 lasers are aggressive/ablative lasers that will give you the best results for skin tightening. They have been around for over 20 years. The recent resurgence of these lasers is the fractional technology which leads to less downtime, and less side effects.

The re:store is an Erbium laser that is non ablative. It typically will have less downtime, less results, and requires multiple treatments. When you add up all the downtime with the re:store (about 2 days with each treatment) it equals the downtime that a re:pair would have (about 1 week). My suggestion is to get the re:pair by an experienced physician for your best skin tightening results.