How Many Fraxel Repair Treatments Can I Get for Acne Scars?

How many REPAIR treatments are possible? and over what time frame? months? years? Is the REPAIR the best laser, regardless of the downtime? I have severe cystical acne scarring on my neck and have had previously 4 RESTORE treatments and noticed not a big improvement. Now that the REPAIR has been released onto the market I would like to try it. I will try anything that has a substantial improvement/ success rate! Thanks for your help ))

Acne Scars and Carbon Dioxide Laser

+1

The bigger question is how many laser resurfacing treatments can you have and the answer is that there is no limit. As long as you are seeing results and you wait 4-6 months you can have fractionated carbon dioxide treatments indefinitely.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel Repair for acne scars

+1

The Fraxel Repair is an ablative lasers and repeat treatment must be handled very carefully. The Fraxel Restore is a nonablative laser and treatments are usually spaced about 2 weeks apart for a series of 3 - 5. In my practice, I prefer the Fraxel Repair for acne scars. I take photographs before treatment and after each treatment.

I discuss with my patients their goals and expectations using the photographs. If additional Fraxel Repair treatments are wanted then I like to wait until all the redness has resolved from the last treatment: about 3 months. I have never done more than 3 Fraxel Repair treatments on the same area.

John Burns, MD

Number and Frequency of Fraxel repair Treatments for Acne Scars.

+1

Hi,

A single Fraxel repair treatment is more effective than a series of Fraxel restore treatments for acne scars. We inform all acne scar patients at their initial consultation that although they should expect to see improvement after one treatment, they should expect to have 2 to 3 treatments for optimal results.

Fraxel repair is safe to use repeatedly as long as the skin has recovered and there is noticable improvement. I have a patient who has traveled from the east coast to have 5 Fraxel repair treatments at our office here on the west coast. The treatments should be at least 4 to 6 months apart. I believe that Fraxel repair is the best fractionated CO2 laser, although I have heard of excellent results with Deep FX and other fractionated CO2 lasers as well. It is most important to choose your treating laser physician most carefully. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD