Fraxel Repair Treatment After TCA Cross Treatments?

Hello, I'm planning to have a Fraxel repair treatment after TCA cross treatments. I'm not sure about how long I should wait because TCA cross can be done every month and affects only the scars, not the whole face. But I'm not an expert, that's why I'm here.

You should wait to see results from TCA peel first

+1

If you are contemplating alternating chemical peels with laser treatments it is actually a great idea

However you should wait for  complete healing for the TCA peel before doing the Fraxel repair as the Co2 laser resurfacing has a longer down time and the reddness may last 2-4 weeks

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel repair treatment after TCA cross treatments?

+1

Hi Mr. Don,

Best to have your treating physician answer your question.  Usually we like patients to have no exfoliative treatments for at least 2 to 4 weeks before a Fraxel repair treatment.  It also depends on the strength of your TCA peel.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Repair

+1

My advice would be to wait until all erythema (redness) is gone from your previous treatment before doing the Fraxel Repair. You want your skin to be completely recovered before subjecting it to the Fraxel Repair which is an ablative and more aggressive fractionated laser.