Spray Tan After Fraxel Repair?

Hi, I'm going in Oct 12 for Fraxel repair laser. I would like to know if redness would likely be present after 2 weeks. If so, would it be okay to do a spray tan? I've done spray tanning in the past, but not for this reason.

Spray tanning and Fraxel re:pair

+2

Hi Caddie,

The degree of redness present two weeks following Fraxel re:pair depends on the aggressiveness of your treatment, as well as how you heal as an individual. If you find the need for more color after two weeks, by that time your skin should be intact, and it should be safe to have the spray tanning. You will still need to keep your skin moisturized, and use a physical sun block.

Most importantly you MUST run this by your treating physician before you do anything out of the ordinary to your skin after Fraxel re: pair. Good luck with your treatment and be well.

Dr. P

Spray Tan Shouldn't Be A Problem

+1

The results of Fraxel Repair and the effects depend on the aggressiveness of your treatment and how you heal. You should be able to go into spray tanning but consult a doctor before doing so.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon