Bumps and Grid Marks Following Fraxel Repair, How To Treat This?

After my Fraxel Repair treatment 24 days ago, I now have tiny raised bumps all over my face and evidence of the grid pattern on my cheeks. My skin feel like sand paper that has been moisturized. I am a 46 year old white female with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. My skin has always been very smooth and clear. I underwent the Fraxel in order to build collagen in my face, never expecting to worsen my appearance. Will these raised bumps go away? If not, what can I do to eliminate them?

Possible user error.

+1

The grid pattern is due to the fact that low densities may have been used by the treating physician. It is recommended that higher densities be used and at least 3 to 4 sessions of the Fraxel laser to correct this problem.

It is difficult to answer your questions about the Fraxel Repair Laser treatment and your results without knowing what was done.

+1

I would recommend that you return to the doctor who did the Fraxel Repair Laser treatment and express your concerns.  It does take some time to completely heal following Fraxel Repair Laser treatments.  I would recommend that you be patient for a few months.   If you are still concerned after talking to your doctor, seek a second opinion from a board certified dermatologist who has extensive experience doing Fraxel Repair Laser treatments. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon