Realistic Fraxel Repair Results for Scarring?

I have reasearched for a long time and consulted a dermatologist on the Fraxel Repair. They suggested one treatment at a power of 60 (1,000 microns) He said he would expect 75% improvement. Is this realistic? And how long do results last? I have moderate to severe scarring. Thank you

Scars can be effectively treated with Fraxel Repair

+1

Fraxel Repair is an effective treatment for scars. Often, more than one treatment will be needed to achieve the desired results. Unlike results for treating wrinkles, the results are permanent. Results continue to improve over the next several months after treatment.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-fraxel-laser/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Realistic expectations for Fraxel Re:pair for scarring

+1

Hi Dre,

Fraxel Re:pair is an excellent treatment for scarring of all types including acne scarring. Although there will be noticeable improvement after one treatment, all of my patients are counseled that they may need 2 to 3 treatments for optimal results.

At 60 millijoules, the depth of treatment will be about 1500 microns or 1.5 millimeter deep. The results continue to improve over a 4 to 6 month period. The results on scarring should be permanent. You may always have another treatment if you desire further improvement.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P