Fraxel Repair Vs Restore for Skin Tightening and Texture Improvement?

I am 49 and most concerned with improving the texture of my face. Which is more effective for improving texture and skin tightening, Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore?

Fraxel re:pair...Not Your Mother's Fraxel

+3

Hi Laurie Ann,
Many confuse the older Fraxel (re:store) with the year old Fraxel re:pair. When I speak to the media, I just call it re:pair to avoid confusion with the older technology.

Fraxel re:pair by miles is better for skin tightening and texture improvement. Choose your treating physician most carefully.

Fraxel re:pair is becoming a very popular 50'th birthday present.

Be well and enjoy your youthful (50 is the new 40 after re:pair) face and neck!

Dr. P

Fraxel repair is a CO2 laser and is much stronger than the restore

+1

If you you want a more aggressive treatment with more improvement but also more down time, the repair laser is the one you want. The restore is the original fraxel laser and is a minimal down time laser that requires multiple treatments for significant improvement. My patients that don't have a week or so of down time prefer the restore laser. Men also sometimes want the lighter laser treatment because they don't want prolonged erythema (pink color).

Orange County Dermatologist