Will Fraxel Restore Results and Recovery Be the Same As Repair?

I'm debating whether to get Fraxel Laser or Fraxel Repair. Repair seems far more scarier to me with the recovery, so I'm wondering if Restore will do the same and results last as long? I don't have money to waste. I have lots of scarring. Would Isolaz be better for me first?

Neither is really going to do that much for your scarring in my opinion.

+1

If money is an issue for you, then you probably don't want to waste it on a laser procedure for acne scarring. While lasers can help a little bit, the results aren't the equivalent of the prices.

Unfortunately, most physicians/cosmetic surgeons who operate lasers are more interested in getting their laser paid off than telling the truth about results for scarring. That is the problem with this procedure: the results aren't that great.

On the other hand, if you had said you have fine or even coarse wrinkles, the re:pair laser would have been a reasonable choice. The re:store is not good for anything all that much other than minor acne scarring, but believe me, it isn't something that is going to make you amazed.

Sorry to tell you the truth (and we own both of these machines in my practice).

As far as Isolaz, that is another expensive and overrated treatment. Save your money up for when something really good comes around for acne scarring.

Omaha Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.