Is Fraxel Repair for Recovering Breast Cancer Patient?

I am scheduled for Fraxel Repair in 2 and 1/2 weeks for fine lines around my eyes, pigmentation spots, and some minor acne scarring on my chin. I am a recovering breast cancer patient, and I also do not want to experience a lot of pain. I have told my physician this and she doesn't seem to think I need to pre-medicate or have any pain prevention. What should I think about this?  Is Fraxel Repair safe/tolerable for a cancer survivor?

Fraxel re:pair in Cancer Survivors

+2

Hi Barbara,

Bless you on what you have been through and continued good health.

One of the benefits of Fraxel re:pair is that it can be performed under local anesthesia with topical creams, nerve blocks, and infiltrative local. This is particularly good in patients whose medical condition may be a contraindication to general anesthesia.

With properly placed anesthesia, the procedure can be done without sedation medications or narcotic analgesics. Good luck with your treatment and be well.

Dr. P