Should I Have Fraxel Re:pair or Active FX?

Many Practitioners consider these two the gold standard of the Fractional Co2's out there. I have some one off active scarring around my inner cheek. I understand the Re:pair goes slightly deeper then the Deep FX and such.

Personaly id like to hear from MD's who use both and which one has worked better for acne scars. Im planning on seeing my doctor next month in london, UK and he has both. I would just like another opinion.

Which of these do people think is the better?

Get a reputable doctor, and trust their advice

+3

Too often, patients pick a laser or filler based on marketing. The most important variable is often not the type of laser, but the training, experience and judgment of the treating physician. Deep FX and Fraxel Re:pair both go very deep and are considered the most aggressive and in fact both are very effective. Active FX and Juvia are less aggressive CO2 systems that work well also, but do not go as deep. Let your doctor choose which best for your skin type, diagnosis and severity. Good Luck!

New Orleans Dermatologist

They are both very good

+2

Hi Samiokas,

Fractional CO2 laser is the current choice of treatment for acne scarring. Both Active/Deep FX and Fraxel re:pair give excellent results. They both will likely require 2 to 3 treatment sessions. Your physician in the UK who uses both will best be able to determine which laser he prefers to treat your scars. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Recent study suggests better results from Fraxel Re:pair over the Active FX

+1

In a paper recently presented at the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, it showed both were effective, but the Fraxel Re:pair side had better tightening. It was a split face study, one side got the Fraxel Re:pair, the other the Active FX. The study was done by a group out of NY and NJ. It was a blinded study to the patients (they didn't know which side was which laser). There were 10 patients.

Hope this helps!

Steven F. Weiner, MD