Normal Fraxel Repair Settings for Acne Scarring?

What Fraxel Repair setting ranges are normally be used for acne scarring? I'm 39 years old and must return to work no later than 10 days after. Although my physician (board-certified dermatologist) is highly experienced with lasers in general, I'm a test patient for Fraxel Repair. I have some cystic acne scars (not too deep) except for my entire jaw area which is quite has very uneven texture. I am still breaking out, mostly along the jawline (photo). The doctor said it'll be done aggressively all over except in nose area, but can't really tell me what to expect. Is 10 days realistic for an aggressive treatment? Thanks.

Fraxel repair Settings for Acne Scars

+4

Hi Amspire,

Your treating physician is who needs to decide on the appropiate Fraxel repair settings for the treatment of your acne scars. I commonly treat patients between 40 to 60 mj at 40% to 50% on the cheeks. Less in other areas.

I would be happy to speak with your physician about our parameters.

The treatment is excellent for your type of scarring, but may take 2 to 3 treatments.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Normal Fraxel re:pair settings for acne scars varies

+4

As you know, not all acne scars are the same. I tend to treat about 50 or 60 mj, with coverage about 40-50 percent for acne scars. You need to be prepared for more than one treatment. You also can not be treated nearly as high on the neck. I have several happy client's pictures on this site. I have treated some cystic acne clients with Levulan before the re:pair, but some other physicians go straight to the Fraxel re:pair.