Fraxel Repair Alternatives for Deep Wrinkles?

Are there newer lasers than Fraxel Repair that can diminish deep wrinkles? I definitely want a laser some toning but I'm also worried about the recovery time. Thanks.

Try the Fraxel re:store for wrinkles

+3

With improvements in the Fraxel re:store recently with the introduction of the Fraxel Dual, I think that you can be fairly happy with the results for wrinkles. Reportedly, the number of treatments recommended in down from 4 to 3, and the treatments are more comfortable. Filler can be used in conjuction with the laser as well as Thermage to get even better results.

I'm not in disagreement that the Fraxel re:pair will give better results, but you wanted an alternative. I'm an advocate that there is not a better single procedure on the market for improving overall facial appearance than the Fraxel re:pair.

Fraxel repair for Deep Wrinkles

+1

Hi Grace,

Fraxel repair remains the "gold standard" of fractionated CO2 lasers. I have not seen a newer laser that gives as good results.

With all lasers, the less recovery time, the less result. Our patients have found the 7 to 10 days of recovery from Fraxel repair to be well worth the years removed from their appearance.

You can see a few before and after photos at the below web reference.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Skip anything but re:pair if you want significant improvements

+1

I own both the re:pair and re:store and haven't used the re:store since I got the re:pair. The difference between the two of them is huge and I am very pleased with the results we obtain with re:pair. Not so much for re:store unfortunately. While there were some results, they were too minimal for most people to appreciate.

I'd take your lumps and do the re:pair. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist