Fraxel Repair for Neck Tightening on a 60 Year Old?

I am 61 years old and considering Fraxel Repair on my neck. Will this help and if so, how long will it last before I need to have the procedure repeated.

Fraxel repair Neck Skin Tightening in a 60 Year Old

+2

Hi Cloe,

Fraxel repair tighten lax skin of the face and neck. The results improve over a 4 to 6 month period after your treatment. The degree of tightening depends on multiple factors. Patients who have had two treatments separated by 6 to 8 months have had the best results (see Web reference below, image 3, this is after first treatment, she had much more improvement after her second treatment).

Further treatments will give even better results. Fractional CO2 has been in use for only 3 years, so I can tell you that the results last at least 3 years, and if similar to traditional CO2 laser results, may last up to 10 years.

Fraxel repair laser tightening of the neck is not meant to replace face/neck lift in those patients who have excessive skin laxity. It is a pre-emptive strike against a face/neck lift in patients with minimal laxity.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Repair for neck tightening works to some degree but there are issues

+1

While I love Fraxel Re:Pair on the face, the neck isn't always perfect for this procedure. It is something that requires a good stop and start area as there will be skin discoloration afterwards with lighter skin on the area treated.

For that reason, many patients feel uncomfortable with it as a treatment for the neck as it leaves an area that is much lighter than the decolletage area. For those individuals who have either not tanned much or have limited skin color changes between the neck and chest and that skin is lighter, this can be a though.

Lastly, scarring is most likly possible with this procedure and something that you need to consider prior to doing the procedure. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist