Fraxel Repair Effective on Mouth and Chin Wrinkles?

I have wrinkles on my chin at 46 and the area around my mouth is finely lined. The skin is uneven near my mouth, and I have small laugh lines. My dermatologist suggested a Fraxel Repair treatment at a setting of 40 around my mouth and chin, with a lighter setting on my cheeks and eyes. My eyes aren't too bad but starting to get bags and a little bit of crows feet. I want my chin to smooth out most of all. For all the doctors and experienced patients. What say you?

Fraxel should work great for this!

+4

This sounds like a good plan for your situation, but make sure that the whole face is done in some form or you will have areas that look good and others that look aged.

Fraxel re:pair is a great tool for this sort of situation, but if you are having significant wrinkles on this area, you may have to have higher settings than 40 in order to get the results you want. Keep in mind, no pain, no gain when it comes to Fraxel! Good luck.

Omaha Dermatologist

The best fractional laser therapy: Erbium profractional

+3

I personally do not like fraxel as it is based on CO2 laser technology.  The idea behind fractional treatment is that you can deliver a very deep treatment without a horrendous recovery and risk of complications.  The nature of CO2 laser technology doesnt realluy allow this.  The tiny channels have extensive spread of heat and coagulation resulting in tremendous redness and recovery if significant energy is delivered. I choose to use Profractional Erbium lasers produced by Sciton.  The unique features of high wavelength Erbium beam lasers is that I am able to deliver true microchannels all the way through the skin into the subq with clear borders and little to no coagulation and heating in the untreated tissue.  This allows more robust healing and safety with high energy deep in the skin.  The results and limited recovery are exceptional.  The laser is less common because it is much more expensive but this is really the choice of some of the best plastic surgeons and it is the only deep resurfacing laser that I am willing to use on my patients.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Fraxel re:pair for Wrinkles

+2

Hi Nancy,

Sounds like you should get a nice result from Fraxel re:pair laser treatment. The energy setting sounds appropiate. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD