Fraxel Repair for Furrowed Pores and Fine Lines?

I am a 32 year old female and over the last 3 years, my skin has deteriorated severely.

My face is covered in open pores that have stetched into furrows that now appear as many fine lines, its particularly severe on my cheek area and my skin now appears rough and course in appearance. 

I am now considering Fraxel Repair to try and minimise the appearance of these skin issues. Would Fraxel Repair be an effective treatment my facial skin issues or can you recommend a more suitable treatment? Many thanks!

Fraxel Repair works to some degree on pores and fine lines

+1

Your case is a challenge in many ways. While I think you may be benefit from an excision of some of the scars you evidence, the laser may not do all that much. Pores are pores and usually aren't affected by lasers of any type, no matter how deep the laser goes. It is just the way that the skin is manufactured.

You ought to be on Retin A or Tazorac as these have been shown to 'minimally' affect pore size and appearance. Otherwise, it is unlikely that one session or a million of the Fraxel Repair will do anything for this. I certainly wouldn't recommend it or do it for you and anyone who does this or recommends multiple sessions of it is likely going to end up with an unhappy patient and a poorer one at that.

Omaha Dermatologist

Fraxel repair for Improvement of Facial Scars, Skin Tone, Texture, and Pores

+1

Hi SadieMay,

Fraxel repair laser at aggressive treatment levels will help your facial tone, texture, and scars. In most patients pores respond well, but in others there is little improvement. The more treatments that you have, spaced over 4 to 6 months, the better results you will enjoy.

I have treated a patient with skin similar to yours with 4 treatments with excellent results.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD