Fraxel Repair After Fraxel Restore?

I had six Fraxel Restore treatments done, with the last one coming two weeks ago. I was wondering, when can I get a Fraxel Repair done?

Need more details

+2

You can switch from non-ablative to ablative fractional resurfacing at any time, but perhaps you should wait to see the final result of all that money you paid and then you will not need the downtime procedure. The results from Fraxel restore continue to improve for at least 6 months.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Wait 6 months to see maximal effects from Fraxel:Restore

+2

I would recommend waiting 6 months for the Fraxel:Restore results to be seen, then discuss with your physician whether Fraxel Repair is still necessary.  Sometimes it is a matter of waiting.  Your skin needs to rebuild some collagen first.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel re:pair after Fraxel re:store Series

+1

H Rber,

You can have Fraxel re:pair about one month after your last Fraxel re:store. We have found that patients like yourself who have had re:store previosly respond especially well to re:pair.

You will be amazed by the difference in results that you will see with a single re:pair treatment. If you really desire more tightening of lax skin, and a younger appearance, you need not wait more than a month.

Choose your treating physician carefully. Happy Mother's Day.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You can have it done within a month or so, depending on any redness you have

+1

The Fraxel re:pair is quite a bit more powerful than the re:store, so make sure you have time allotted for the recovery process. Depending on the settings your surgeon uses, you may have up to a 1 or 2 week recovery time.

The good news is that the results are MUCH better than the re:store. We have both and our re:store has been unused since we purchased the re:pair. It is a great machine and patients love its results. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist