Would It Be Beneficial to Have Fraxel Re:Pair Done on Both the Face and Neck at the Same Time?

Fraxel re:pair of the Face and Neck

+1

Hi LaBella,

It is usually better to have your neck treated along with your face with Fraxel re:pair laser treatment as it adds to the tightening effect of the procedure. In the majority of my patients over the age of 40, we treat the face and neck together routinely. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Absolutely! This is a great way to treat two areas at once and improve significantly.

+1

I frequently treat these two areas at the same time if there are signs of aging on both areas. The neck does quite well with the Fraxel Re:pair and is always a potential area if there are wrinkles and signs of aging.

Usually we treat it with lower energies, however, as it can lead to scarring if the highest energies are used on the neck.

One thing that you may want to do in advance is to use Retin A prior to this treatment as it will prepare the area and decrease your recovery time. Good luck on your treatment.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist