Will Fraxel Repair Help Tighten a Slightly Drooping Lower Eyelid?

I am 56 years old and have a slightly drooping lower right lid. I also have some under eye wrinkles and a slight malar bag under the left eye. I am considering Fraxel Repair around the eyes.

Will it help tighten up the drooping lower right lid or make it worse? I previously had a lower Blepharoplasty, Juvederm (under cheeks, nasolabial folds) and Restylane (under eyes). The slightly drooping lower right lid was there before but it only started to bother me after everything else was fixed. I would prefer to avoid surgery again. Thanks.

Droopy lower lids won't be better with laser - it will get worse

+2

As Dr. Aldea has said, the lower lid malposition you have will only get worse by lasering the skin. You would need a tightening of the outer ligament of the lower lid (canthopexy) to fix this and in order to have a safe laser.

Laser and the Droopy Lower Lid

+2

A droopy lower lid is actually a CONTRAINDICATION for lower lid lasering. Lower lid sagging is caused by laxity of the side ligaments of the lower lid.

This laxity MUST be repaired BEFORE ANY surgery or procedure of the lower lid is performed because the resulting scarring / healing will PULL the lax lid down ( "I previously had a lower Blepharoplasty, ...The slightly drooping lower right lid was there before but it only started to bother me after everything else was fixed"...); First, exposing the white of the cornea (SCLERAL SHOW) and later causing an ECTROPION (look it up on Google pictures).

Your lower lid laxity MUST be repaired before you have any lower lid laser.

Dr. P. Aldea