Tiny Dots and Lines After Fraxel Repair?

My girlfriend got Fraxel Repair about 25 days ago. Now, her face still has those tiny dots all over it. In addition, I can see those dots are forming lines. What went wrong? Also, her face is still red, and I don't know when it will go away. I will have her to return to the doctor and take a look. I'm very worried.

Fraxel re:pair; Tiny Dots and Skin Redness 3 1/2 Weeks After Treatment

+1

Hi Doctor tt,

Your girlfriend’s skin color will return to normal with time. Most patients skin color returns to normal by about 4 weeks after the treatment, but many may take up to 8 weeks.

The recovery is dependent upon the aggressiveness of the treatment as well as the patient’s skin care after the treatment. It is important to use the proper skin care products as well as avoiding sun exposure.

The "dots" are the result of where the laser has hit the skin. They too will disappear over time. I have treated over 125 patients over the past 16 months, and have not seen a single patient with persistent "dots".

It is a good idea to return to the treating physician for evaluation and reassurance. Please let us know how your friend recovers.

Be well.

Dr. P

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.