Fraxel Re:pair Vs. Deep FX Vs. Matrix RF

I am soon to be 26 and I am trying to figure out what procedure to use for my fine horizontal lines on my forehead, one semi-deep vertical line in between my eyes, and deep lines running vertically from my nose to my lips (smile lines?). It seems through my research that the most invasive procedure would be either Fraxel Re:pair or Deep FX. I am not too familiar with Matrix RF. But the bottom line is I want to see a reduction in wrinkles and lines. Results! What do you advise?

Fraxel repair, Deep FX, and Matrix RF for Facial Rejuvenation

+1

Hi IndieRockandRocker,

Depending on your physical exam, most likely a little treatment with Botox or Dysport for your forehead, and fillers (Restylane or Juvederm) for your smile lines will do the trick. Fraxel restore, Deep FX, and Matrix RF are certainly more aggressive treatments that you may not yet need. Photos would be helpful. Good luck, be well, and enjoy your youth.

Dr. P

Actually, the answer is neither! Botox or Dysport along with a filler are best

+1

This is one of the biggest misconceptions that we see - namely, that laser is always best. While laser is great in some situations, you would be best served by a form of filler (like Restylane or Juvederm) and either Dysport or Botox for the line between the eyes.

Laser won't help these and will be quite a bit more expensive and have down time, while the methods above, if done by someone good, will have little or no down time. Good luck and make sure you find someone who is good at these to perform the procedure.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Fractional resurfacing probably not for you

+1

From what you describe I think that you would get the best results with either Botox Cosmetic or Dysport. These prescription, injectable medications relax the muscles that crease the skin. I think you might be a little on the young side for fractional CO2 resurfacing and the lines you describe are likely to reform without Botox or Dysport.

If you have a great deal of problems with pigmentation and textural irregularities you might benefit from fractional CO2. You best bet is not to try and shop on your own for the "best device" but rather to find the best and most trusted physician in your community.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon