Fraxel Repair for Cystic Acne Scars?

I decided on Fraxel repair for my acne scars. An aggressive chem. peel 10 years ago that took almost 6 months for complete recovery (makeup not required) proved i am a slow healer. What is the actual downtime of Fraxel Repair for such cases?

I am getting married in Sept. 09 so I can't risk a prolonged healing period. Worse case scenario and possible side effects? I am a 32 yrs female with fair and pale skin (blonde). The Derm said that it's 100% safe and that I will be completely healed within 2 month.? True or exaggeration? PLEASE HELP!

Fraxel re:pair for Cystic Acne Scars and "My Greek Wedding"

+1

Hi Ms ek,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Fraxel re:pair on acne scarring takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the skin color to return to normal. For cystic acne scars it may take 2 to 3 treatments separated by at least 4 to 6 months for optimal results

Some patients see marked improvement after one treatment while others need additional treatments to notice changes in skin texture. If you want to be completely safe and not affect "Your Greek Wedding" then wait until after your wed.

If you have your treatment now, you should have enough time to heal before your September wedding. Discuss all of this thouroughly with your treating physician, make sure that your physician has experience with CO2 lasers, and hopefully has treated a good number of patients with Fraxe re:pair.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P