Why Can't Fraxel Repair Completely Remove Stretch Marks?

if 6 to 8 sessions can reduce them as much as 75 to 90 percent shouldn't 10 or 12 or even 20 session completely remove them?

Ability to remove stretch marks depends on age of stretch marks

+1

Fraxel Re:Store is a much better choice for treatment of stretch marks , as the Fraxel Re:Pair is a little too aggressive for the areas of the body where stretch marks occur - the healing process becomes too long in these areas. Success in treatment depends on how early they are treated.The only stretch marks that I personally have seen improve more than 90% are those that I have treated within 1 month of the time they were noticed by the patient. That is a very unusual situation, but they do remain treatable as long as they are red. Using the Candela V-beam plus Fraxel Re:Store will usually result in 50-75% improvement with a series of 5-6 treatments. You are correct in thinking that even more treatments will result in further improvement, but the increment of improvement starts dropping off after 5or 6 treatments.They are basically scar tissue , so we can improve the appearance but usually not completely eliminate them.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser

+1

No laser can completely remove stretch marks, despite claims. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Who said Fraxel can remove 75-90% stretch marks anyway?

+1

I don't know where you were told this but nothing can "remove" stretch marks other than surgical excision as in a tummy tuck for example.  Various lasers can reduce the discoloration of early stretch marks and therefore improve them  --   but "remove them"?  No, I don't believe that at all.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS