Fraxel Repair over 4 Ccs of Aquamid?

I have had the Aquamid over a 6 year period, and am interested in Fraxel repair. Will there be any problems if I have Fraxel repair?

Fraxel repair Over Aquamid

+1

Hi Matthew,

Fraxel repair treats the skin to about 1.8 mm deep maximum. Aquamid is injected much deeper below the skin. You should be able to have Fraxel repair without problems, but as with anything in medicine there are no guarantees.

I am not a fan or user of Aquamid because of the delayed severe infections that have been published in the scientific literature.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Re:pair after Aquamid

+1

Aquamid is a volume filler and placed beneath the dermis (in the subcutaneous tissues) and as such should not be effected by the use of the Fraxel re:Pair. In fact, these can be compimentary in treating facial problems as the Aquamid is for volume and the re:pair is for resurfacing and can improve the more superficial problems of the skin (wrinkles, furrows, dyspigmentation, enlarged pores, acne scarring, etc).

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon