Can You Get Fraxel Repair and Neck Lift Together?

I'm a 44-year old female with some wrinkles (not too bad), some old acne scars (not too bad), and what looks to me like some 'drapey' skin in the neck area. I haven't noticed bands...just the beginning of sagging right under the chin, and a little bit of the chicken neck look. I want to get fraxel repair to my face neck and chest + neck lift. Do I need to do both? Can I do them together? Any idea of combined cost range? I can submit pictures if needed for better guess of what's needed.

Neck lift and fractional resurfacing

+1

A surgical neck lift can be combined with fractional CO2 laser resurfacing to improve both contour and skin texture.  The cost is in the 5-7k range.

Fraxel laser good for general skin tightening

+1

Fraxel repair is great for general skin tightening, but cannot accomplish what a neck lift can.  Fraxel can tighten the skin and can normalize pigmentation irregularities that are a result of sun damage.  A neck lift would be great to lift, tighten and restore the structural integrity of the face and neck, but you may want to also consider having the Fraxel simultaneously to treat pigmentation and skin texture.  These two procedures can absolutely be done at the same time.  With Fraxel you need to plan on doing a series of three to five sessions depending on the severity of skin damage.  Prices for the Fraxel laser can vary from $500 to $900 per treatment session.

Timothy Jochen, MD
Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel could tighten some of the skin but could be a minimal degree

+1

Fraxel and other lasers can tighten skin. But you might be dissappointed if what it is causing your neck to look the way it does is from the neck laxity. This is due in large part to the platysma muscle. This needs to be tightened to fully correct many lax necks. Below is an example of a video that helps to answer this question for you to watch and a link to see more informative videos:

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have performed Face and Neck Lifts for over 20 years and the general rule is that you should not injure the surface, of the skin, at the same time that it is undermined with a Face or Neck Lift.  These are typically separated by 6 months in order to allow adequate blood supply to be established within the elevated skin.

If you don't have anterior neck bands, there's no reason IMO to have a formal Neck Lift and an ellipse of the excess neck skin under the chin can be done under local.  This would allow the Fraxel to be done at the same time.  Just a thought.

Necklift and Fraxel together?

+1

I would need to see photos to determine the amount of cheek sagging you have and what I would do for these. These can be done together depending on the amount of overlap of the areas.

Indications for neck rejuvenation

+1
First of all, one never "needs" any aesthetic procedure, so strictly speaking, no, you don't need skin textural treatment (Fraxel) plus neck lift, nor do you need either of these treatments. Whether or not these interventions will improve the aesthetic problems you're referring to is impossible for any professional to answer without seeing you, or at least some good photos. Although your choices for personal consultation in Lancaster are limited, my advice is to get on the phone making appointments with some knowledgeable practices in Southern California and spend a day or two meeting docs with good neck lift results and Fraxel capability to really get the help you need. Then, armed with good information, you will know what to do.

Steve Laverson, MD