Fraxel Repair After ArteFill?

I had ArteFill for my smile line several years ago, and also had fillers for the vertical lines above my lip more than a year ago. Now I'm considering Fraxel Repair. Is it safe for me to undergo this treatment if I have fillers?

Fraxel Repair can be done after Artefill

+1

It is possible to have Fraxel Repair after an Artefill. While the Artefill is injected deep, the level of penetration by the laser can be adjusted by the physician.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel re:pair After Artefill

+1

Hi Curious, Artefill should be injected deep. Fraxel repair may go as deep as 1.5 mm. Most likely there should not be a problem having Fraxel repair if you have had artifill. The laser can be adjusted to treat superficially in the skin over where the artefill injections were placed. Your treating physician should make the decision on your treatment.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD