Acne Scar Treatment: Fraxel Repair vs. Acupulse vs. Active Fx. What is the Difference?

For acne acars, which is the best?

Acne scar treatment what is the difference with lasers

+1

Fraxel has an option for deeper treatment and surface treatment. I have seen minimal results with the deeper layer healing. The surface approach is much better. I'm not too familiar with the acupulse. But it is a co2 laser and should work well. But you need to make sure that none of the co2 lasers you use are continous lasers which will damage your face. I know that active fx and the model that does co2 lasering and active fx is great with Acne Scarring

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel RePair and ActiveFx for Acne Scars

+1

Both lasers can be quite effective in improving the appearance of acne scars. The skill of the surgeon is clearly highly important. Technique does make a difference!! Tip: Both lasers may be used in combination with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), a conglomerate of potent growth factors extracted from your own blood, in order to stimulate a significant response of collagen remodeling and buildup.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

It is not the device, but the doctor that makes the difference!

+1

All of these are good lasers in skilled hands.  It is more important that your are seeing an expert Dermatolgist of Plastic Surgeon than it is which laser they are using.  Good doctors become very good at using the equipment they own personally.  I have used all of these lasers and they can all do a good job in skilled hands.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon