Fraxel Re:pair on 18 Year Old Female 1 Week Ago and No Improvement?

I am and 18 year old female and I had Fraxel Re:pair for acne scarring on my cheeks. It's been 6 days and all the swelling went down and I am really disappointed because all of the scars look EXACTLY the same. When will I see improvement? Also the scars are like little holes but my doctor says they are superficial. I really had high hopes for this. I just want to know if they will at least improve and how soon??

Fraxel Results Take Time

+1

The Fraxel re:pair laser pinpoints tissue in the dermal layer of the skin. It stimulates collagen tightening, which takes time for the body to do on its own. I generally caution my patients to expect tightening, redness, and mild swelling for 1-4 weeks. The true results of the procedure cannot be evaluated until after this time has passed, plus at least another month to see the true long-lasting results. Be patient and give it time. If you still don't see any results, consult with your physician about how aggressive the treatment was, and if the settings could be titrated for a second session.