Fraxel Re:pair - When Can I Expect the Dark Spots to Dissipate?

I am now four weeks post fraxel re:pair and I have tiny brown pigment spots forming on my cheeks. Is this normal?

Consult your doctor to make sure this normal... avoid sunlight, self tanners, and tanning booths in the mean time

+1

Do you mean dark spots following fraxel repair treatment? If so, Consult your doctor to make sure this normal. Avoid sunlight, self tanners, and tanning booths, which can make the spots darker. A fading cream can hasten the dissipation of the dark spots. Fraxel repair on the other hand is very effective in treating age and sun spots. The result is immediate.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I would go to your doctor to see what's going on.

+1

While it is possible that this could happen, I would visit your doctor to make sure it is normal. Usually, most patients are on a regimen of Retin A by this time and that can help to protect against this. The most important thing to do at this time is to avoid any unnecessary sunlight and never step foot in a tanning booth ever again as it will certainly cause things like this to occur and harm the results you have worked hard to obtain.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist