Fraxel Causing Permanent Redness?

i have had fraxel 3 times and portrait twice in the last 3/1/2 years for deep crows feet.the problem is now that i have permanent redness and my skin is very bad, a small amount of alcohol for instance makes it flare up and is very embarassing. my skin seems permanently damaged, what can i do?

Doubt Fraxel, but Perhaps Portrait Treatments Have Caused Persistant Redness

Hi Dony,

Sorry to hear about your adverse effects from multiple treatments. It sounds like you need to give your facial skin a rest, and hopefully with time the redness will fade. The redness is likely from stimulation of your skin from the treatments and increased blood flow. I have never seen this occur permanently with Fraxel repair. It may be an adverse effect from the Portrait treatment. Ask your treating physician if ths is a known complication of Portrait. Hopefully with time your condition will improve. If not, consult with an expert in V-beam laser which may be helpful.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436