Fraxel Causing Permanent Redness?

i have had fraxel 3 times and portrait twice in the last 3/1/2 years for deep crows feet.the problem is now that i have permanent redness and my skin is very bad, a small amount of alcohol for instance makes it flare up and is very embarassing. my skin seems permanently damaged, what can i do?

Doubt Fraxel, but Perhaps Portrait Treatments Have Caused Persistant Redness

+1

Hi Dony,

Sorry to hear about your adverse effects from multiple treatments. It sounds like you need to give your facial skin a rest, and hopefully with time the redness will fade. The redness is likely from stimulation of your skin from the treatments and increased blood flow. I have never seen this occur permanently with Fraxel repair. It may be an adverse effect from the Portrait treatment. Ask your treating physician if ths is a known complication of Portrait. Hopefully with time your condition will improve. If not, consult with an expert in V-beam laser which may be helpful.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P