Fraxel Laser or Mixto Laser for Raised Acne Scars?

I've read about deep and sunken acne scars, but what about raised acne scars? Can I try Fraxel Laser or Mixto Laser for raised scars too? Can these lasers build new collagen to push up the old scars?

Best acne treatment is sometimes multiple treatments

+1

It is difficult to say if any of the ablative lasers will work for the problem you describe without an examination. Overall, the fractional carbon dioxide laser is useful for acne scars which are either sunken or raised. Sometimes excision or kenalog injections may be necessary to achieve optimal results.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel or Mixto Laser for Raised Acne Scars

+1

Hi Laurent,

It depends on the individual scars.  I treat raised scars with a series of Kenalog injections, and then treat with Fraxel laser.  There is definite improvement.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Raised acne scars in my experience do not respond to resurfacing lasers

+1

For raised hyper-trophic scars on the face, I would recommend kenalog injections and V beam laser if they are still pink. Silicone gel sheeting can also be used on raised scars. And intra-lesional 5 FU.

In my experience resurfacing these type of scars do not thin out the old scar tissue or improve the appearance.

Orange County Dermatologist