Models of Fraxel Machines That Represent the Lastest Technology?

I was told by my doctor that with one Fraxel session, I would get a lot of benefits. I am concerned that I am reading great things about Fraxel technologies but I am not sure if my doctor has the technology that I am reading about. Are there any questions I could ask that may help me differentiate the old technology from newer ones?

Fraxel Laser Latest Technology

+2

Hi Ale,

First of all you want to make sure that the laser your doctor is using is Fraxel by Solta (used to be Reliant). Many laser users will say that they are treating you with Fraxel when they are actually treating you with a competing fractional laser.

Once you are sure that your physician has Fraxel laser, you should then find out the type of Fraxel laser. The only Fraxel lasers that give "wow!" results with one treatment are Fraxel repair and the newest recently released Fraxel Dual (1927 nm).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel

+1

Depending on the situation you wish to improve, Fraxel RE:store done with multiple treatments and minimal down time may be satisfactory to improve fine lines and brown spots. It can treat pigmenation such as melasma, and can improve some acne scars. Fraxel Re:pair is a more invasive laser that can take up to 12 days to heal. This may provide some skin tightening and textural and coloration improvement. Fraxel Dual also has a wavelength that does a "laser peel" to help remove sunspots (dark spots) more effectively than the Fraxel Re:store. This does take several days to look reasonable.

Ronald Shelton, MD

There are two Fraxel lasers from Solta that can help

+1

The two lasers that can help and give significant improvement in one or perhaps two treatments are the Fraxel Repair and the Fraxel Dual. The Fraxel Restore is slightly older technology but can also give very good results but generally requires more ( 3-5 ) treatments.

In brief, however, all three technologies give amazing results with great safety and efficacy -- all are FDA approved.

The new Fraxel Dual with two separate clinically useful wavelengths (each targeting different skin pathology and different tissue depth) is effectively hitting the middle ground between the Fraxel Restore and the Fraxel Repair. Our patients love it!

Good luck and hope that helps.

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon