Combining Fraxel and Liposuction

Can I have fraxel at the same time as lipo?

Fraxel and liposuction can be done safely if not done on the same area

+1

Fraxel can be done with liposuction as long as they are done on two different areas. For example, liposuction on the body and fraxel on the face.

Combining Fraxel and liposuction

+1

If the areas being treated are different parts of the body, eg Face for Fraxel and lipo on chin and abdomen, than go right ahead. But I would be cautious if the Fraxel is being done to the abdomen than I was going to lipo the same area. I would be apprehensive and most likely would do these at different times. Just my opinion.

Fraxel and Liposuction

+1

I see no problem combining a Fraxel procedure at the same time as a Liposuction procedure. While recovering from one procedure, you can recover from the other.

Fraxel and Liposuction

+1

Fraxel, what? Restore or Repair. They are very different. The Repair laser, although not extending to the subcutaneous compartment, does wound the epidermis to allow entry of bacteria. There is a small risk of infection, bacterial, viral and even yeast on the surface of the skin. This is very rare, but if a bacterial infection were to develop, there is a theoretical chance that by your touching the areas and then touching the skin near the insertion sites of the lipsuction, regardless where on the body it's done, that you could spread the infection to the skin there. If that occurs, it could theoretically, pass through the insertion site and cause a deep infection in the fatty compartment and this could become serioius. I am not aware of such cases, and it would not be wrong to have both done at the same time, especially if they are in different areas, but just be aware of the above.

Fraxel and liposuction

+1

I am not exactly sure where you would have both of these modalities performed at the same time. Fraxel is generally used on the face and liposuction is not. So, if you are asking, I think this is perfectly acceptable. If, however, you are discussing their combined use on the same area at the same time, I would exercise some degreee of caution and certain avoid the use of lipoetching techniques or superficial liposculpture.

Fraxel and Liposuction

+1

Fraxel's power allows it to penetrate into the deeper layer of the skin (reticular dermis) but it has no effect on the underlying fat layer which is where liposuction functions. Fraxel can be used in combination with liposuction as these two modalities work in completely different ways.

One work of caution is to be very careful when combining laser assisted liposuction (Smart or Slim liposuction) or ultrasound assisted liposuction (example: VASER) with Fraxel as this can overheat the skin causing skin breakdown.

Fraxel can also be used with Thermage which uses radiofrequency to tighten the soft tissue below the skin.