What Causes Fraxel to Leave Track Marks or Pin Size Scars?

I am considering Fraxel Restore but am having some concerns of patients being left with pin size scars/holes or track marks. Can someone advise what could be the cause of these scars/holes and is Fraxel Restore or Repair more likely to cause these scars?

Best Way to Avoid Imprinting with Fractionated Laser...Make Sure That it is Fraxel by Solta

+2

Hi Testing,

Imprinting of tiny dots from fractionated lasers occurs extremely rarely with Fraxel repair, and almost never with Fraxel restore or Fraxel Dual.  These imprints are more common with imitation Fraxel devices that unfortunately many practices pass off as "Fraxel".  Make sure that you are being treated with Fraxel manufactured by Solta.  Fractionated lasers deliver their impulses in pixel form, and that is what is sometimes seen.  In the very rare instances that I have seen imprinting with Fraxel repair, it has always resolved with time.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel Restore hasn't left pin size marks

+1

Depending on your pigment and tendency to develop post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, you may see such marks with some lasers.  There might be a greater chance to see this with the Fraxel Repair as it is a carbon dioxided fractional laser which is more traumatic than the Fraxel Restore 1550nm. laser.  I have been treating patients with both lasers and in almost ten years have treated  hundreds of patients with the Fraxel Restore and have not seen one patient to-date develop any pinprick marks.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fraxel/index.html

Have'nt seen this problem

+1

i have been using fraxel 1550 (restore) for over three years and have not noticed such problems. results do vary from patient to patient, but i don't believe it made anyone worse on a permanent basis in any way.

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon