Am I Still Healing 1 Year After Fraxel Laser?

I had the fraxel laser one year ago and I look worse. How long does it take to heal? I had fraxel laser treatment one year ago. I did it for melasma on my upper lip. The doctor wouldn't do just the lip so did my whole face. The upper lip is the same, still darker than the rest of my face. Since the treatment I remain red and blotchy with small dots. I now have hypopigmentation under my eye and on my jawline. There is a definite line on either jaw line showing where the whole face was done. Will this ever go away or am I stuck like this forever?

Healing the inflammation of the skin caused by Fraxel can take several months

+1

Healing the inflammation of the skin caused by Fraxel can take several months. Pigmentation changes can last for many years, but can often be improved with different bleaching creams, etc. Unfortunately, hypo pigmentation after Fraxel laser treatment is difficult to treat, and often just gets better over time.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven coloration after Fraxel

+1

There may be subtle changes even for another six months or so, but chances are what  you see now is what may remain. You should see a board certified dermatologist or experienced plastic surgeon who does a lot of lasers, in person, to determine what may be done. It is useful if you can provide to that doctor the type of laser, such as Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair, the energy settings and densities used.

Ronald Shelton, MD