Fraxel for Stretch Marks

I've got stretch marks down around my bottom area and I would like to know whether Fraxel laser tretment hurts or not? Also, would Fraxel work on this area?

Is Fraxel Laser Treatment for Stretch Marks Painful?

+2

Hi Zonya,

Fraxel re:store laser is non-ablative and should not be painful when used to treat stretch marks in your "bottom area". Topical numbing anesthetic ointment should be used for about one hour before the treatment.

If you choose to have Fraxel re:pair ablative fractionated CO2 laser treatment, then I would advise a diffuse solution of local anesthesia be infiltrated into the area treated.

Fortunately, neither laser is painful during the recovery period. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel may be your best treatment option.

+1
Fractional Skin Resurfacing, or Fraxel, would be a good choice for diminishing the appearance of the stretch marks on your buttocks. Stretch marks are created when skin is stretched rapidly before it has time to develop the elasticity to expand naturally. Fraxel directs laser columns deep below the skin’s surface to stimulate the collagen production that will speed up cell repair and the generation of healthy new skin tissue. Without damaging adjoining cells, the targeted stretch marks will begin to fade, and after a series of treatments, they may become barely visible or completely disappear. NOTE: Fractional Skin Resurfacing causes a mild discomfort that most patients say is on a par with having their skin snapped by a rubber band. If you have a low tolerance to discomfort, ask in advance for a topical anesthetic.

Hal Michael Bass, MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon