Fraxel Laser Treatment and Sun Exposure?

I had fraxel laser treatment on my face and went on a hike with my dad today. I wore SPF 30 and tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. I had my treatment about 30 days ago, how bad is that?

Thank you for your question. It is only bad if you hyperpigment and regret the pigmentation you now have to deal with.  If you can go 3-4 weeks without pigmentation, then you "dodged the bullet" so to speak.  To be safe, you may want to start prophylactically using Hydroquinone in at least 2% or 4% if you have access to that. I hope this helps!

Sun Exposure after Fraxel

Hi Peach.  While we would encourage you to protect yourself from the sun at all times, we would be most concerned about sun exposure after laser resurfacing if it was within 2 weeks of the procedure.  After 4 weeks, you should be fine.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD