Fraxel Laser Treatment and Sun Exposure?

I had fraxel laser treatment on my face and went on a hike with my dad today. I wore SPF 30 and tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. I had my treatment about 30 days ago, how bad is that?

+1

Thank you for your question. It is only bad if you hyperpigment and regret the pigmentation you now have to deal with.  If you can go 3-4 weeks without pigmentation, then you "dodged the bullet" so to speak.  To be safe, you may want to start prophylactically using Hydroquinone in at least 2% or 4% if you have access to that. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sun Exposure after Fraxel

+1

Hi Peach.  While we would encourage you to protect yourself from the sun at all times, we would be most concerned about sun exposure after laser resurfacing if it was within 2 weeks of the procedure.  After 4 weeks, you should be fine.  

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/laserResurfacing.aspx